Friday, November 12, 2010

taking a moment

The world is so full of a number of things,

I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

~ Robert Louis Stevenson

I have been going full tilt lately, and my personality is such that I WILL CONQUER the list of things I have to do today no matter what.  And at the end of the day, tired and exhausted, I realize that I have nothing left to give. 


POSH in Chicago is one of my favorite stores, and they occasionally send out an email.  I don't know who writes it for them, but it always seems to touch a nerve.  This month's email began with the quote above.  And then this is what they had to say:

As you prepare for this holiday season, please take a few moments to do something for yourself. This really is one of the most beautiful times of the year but all too often it is also the busiest. Pause for a moment to enjoy the brilliantly colored leaves of autumn. Breathe in the crisp, clean air. Relish in celebrations with family and friends. Savor these precious moments of comfort and joy. Remember that the hectic world around us is also full of a number of things that are quiet and small. Although easy to overlook, they can bring more happiness than all the riches of a king.


Today I am going to look for the things that are quiet and small.  And take a minute to just breathe.



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails