Wednesday, October 13, 2010

recipe box Wednesday

I haven't had to cook for the last few nights, so I am feeling a little out of practice.  On top of that, the weather lately has tended more to grilling and pasta salads than fall food.  But there has been a shift in the wind, and I have once again put away my sandals and dug out my socks.

And you know what that means.  Time for comfort food.

Yesterday this was the recipe emailed to me as part of my "Dinner Tonight From Everyday Food" daily email, and I decided I would make it, soon.  (photo from the email I received):


I can almost taste the creamy mashed potatoes, and hear the crunch of the green beans.  When I make meatloaf, I always make Ina Garten's Turkey Meatloaf.  It's a family favorite.  But it's time to try a new one.  Here is the link to the recipe if you want to try it too (be patient and wait for the right one to load):  http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/meatloaf-and-buttermilk-mashed-potatoes?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/quick-comfort-food-recipes#slide_32

Oh Martha, thank you for making my menu planning so much easier.  Even though I don't use the emails I get daily, well, daily, I find that I make 2 or 3 of them a month.  And that makes everyone happy.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. ooo ive always liked to cook and i wanted to be a cullinary chef but ever since i became a vegetarian it would be kinda hard to cook if dont touch meat so i think il be a pastry chef!:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails