Sunday, October 19, 2008

big theater in the city

When I was a little girl, I loved to read. (still do) The books transported me to other places, and I would imagine I was there. My very favorites? The Little House books. I read them over and over and over. I played covered wagon on our front step. The back yard was South Dakota. The woods behind our house were the Big Woods of Wisconsin. Lake Bemidji became the Shores of Silver Lake. If I could have had a bonnet....sigh. And I kept waiting to meet my very own Almonzo. Thank goodness I never knew a Nellie.

Two very special girls picked me up this morning, dressed to the nines. We had a fancy brunch at Jax Cafe, then wound our way to the Guthrie. Amazing! I had not been to it's new home yet. Spectacular.

And then we spent two hours, enjoying "Little House on the Prairie", the musical. Charming, delightful, tearful. Especially sitting next to a sweet five year old girl, who made the show that much more enjoyable.

Seeing Melissa Gilbert, all grown up, playing Ma, was such fun. I religiously watched her as Half Pint. LOVED that show. And it still appeals.

So THANK YOU Tracy and Eloise, for including me in your very special outing! Tonight I am thinking I will dream about wide open prairies and great big skies...

EDITED: please go to www.sellabitmum.blogspot.com for pics of our day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining us and being an amazing friend. We LOVED our girls day out and hope we can do it again sometime soon.
    Much Love, Eloise and Tracy
    xoxo
    p.s. oh, and thank you for not telling everyone about me bawling the whole 2 hours.lolol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails