Monday, August 1, 2011

celebrating a milestone

Posted by Picasa

Look at these fresh faced 19 year olds!  Fifty years ago this Friday, Donald David Hanson and Diane Karen Gulsvig said "I do" and began a fifty year adventure. Three kids, four grandkids, and lots of tears and laughter later, they are ready to celebrate.

We will be heading to Bemidji this week for a multi day celebration that will include a family fishing tournament and fish fry along with other events, ending with a family dinner on Friday evening. Mike has been making a movie of their lives, I have watched it multiple times and still can't get through it without weeping.  But I am that way...I have already packed multiple boxes of tissues for all of us.

Still much to do, so this will be my only post this week.  There will be plenty to share with you next week!

Happy August!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, their wedding picture is priceless! Many, many congratulations to the happy couple and wishing you and your family the most precious of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful and I LOVE that wedding photo! What a beautiful couple. Sounds like a great time planned. I hope you'll post Mike's video at some point. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to hear about the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails