Monday, January 28, 2008

Childhood, revisited (or, can food save you?)

Charlie had a really bad day at school: creative differences with his group in science over their advertising project, a friend promising to come over after school, then backing out to play with someone else, and forgetting all of his homework at school. My first instinct, of course, was to feed him. Just like mom used to do. Doesn't it still work?

But I refrained, and encouraged him to go scrape some ice off the driveway instead.

I just remember that feeling, that Monday feeling, when it's gloomy, and gray out, and everything seems to go wrong. It really did start in childhood, didn't it? 'Cause I kind of feel the same way right now. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "...tomorrow is, another day..."

Too bad I didn't plan tater tot hot dish for dinner, with brownies for dessert....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails