Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Did you ever notice that meteorologists really seem to relish reporting how cold it is going to get? I swear, there was positive glee in Bel's voice last night, when she told us that there was a 51 degree temperature shift from 10 pm the previous evening. And wind chills could be 45 below in the morning.

Seeing how it was going to be a cold night-and my upstairs windows are so crummy it is like having them open with the screens on in the summer, I donned my velour jammies, with socks, and turned on the electric blanket. And snuggled down into my flannel sheets. At 4 am, I woke up so hot and sweaty I thought the combination of things was going to make me spontaneously combust. To prevent such a catastrophe, I took off my socks and walked around on my wood floors for a bit, and I was chilled to the bone in no time.

Thank goodness for old, drafty houses. I heard on the news that if you live in an old, drafty house, your chances of getting carbon monoxide poisoning are almost non-existent, unless of course you are sleeping right next to the defective furnace...which I'm not, because my basement is too yucky to sleep in. So thank goodness for life's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails