Sunday, September 7, 2008

not on this blog

If you are interested in political information, or my take on the whole election business, feel free to ask. But there won't be any political analysis or opinions offered on my blog. My blog is meant to be a refuge, a place where you can see what our family is up to, the things that make life good, and hopefully something to make you smile now and then.

While I certainly have my viewpoints, I have no desire to share them with the world. I feel politics is a very personal dynamic, and if you ask me what I think, I will certainly tell you, but I am not one to wear my beliefs on a t-shirt, or on a sign in my yard. I don't subscribe to any one party, but I know what I believe in, and choose the candidates who represent those ideas when I enter the voting booth.

Through these last few weeks, (with the RNC being held practically in our back yard) when politics have taken center stage in the media, Mike and I have been teaching Charlie that it is very important for there to be debate (without getting nasty), and disagreement (without destroying property), and lots of ideas. The biggest thing we are trying to impress upon him is that EVERYONE'S beliefs and ideas deserve respect, whether or not we agree with them.

And sadly, I don't see a lot of that. A person's political beliefs are just a small part of who they are as a person, and the rest of the things that makes you who you are, on a day to day basis, are far more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails